Thursday, December 10, 2009

MAC Prep + Prime or Laura Mercier's oil-free primer??

I was wondering which is a better primer for foundation or powder? I have combination skin and my t-zone tends to get very oily. Will using it cause me to breakout at all? I have heard great things about both brands of primer but which is better? ThanksMAC Prep + Prime or Laura Mercier's oil-free primer??
If those are your choices you should go with the Prep n Prime. the Laura Mercier primer is nothing more than a moisturizer. I've had terrible luck with it and it made my clients faces itch. The prep n prime does make some clients break out (so does the Laura Mercier) but less than the Laura Mercier version. Both have panthenol in them which can cause acne in anyone with acne prone skin. For finish the MAC version kicks the Laura Mercier versions behind. There is no comparison. I hate MAC product for the pore cloggers but that's one of the few that really delivers a great finish.





If you want an acne free primer try Bodyology primer veil or Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Primer. The bodyology is more reasonably priced. You can get it by going to www.bodyology.com.MAC Prep + Prime or Laura Mercier's oil-free primer??
Well if you have oily skin, use the Laura Mercier one. Or you could use the MAC on and just apply loose powder after.
Mac's is the best I use it and it really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union